Trainee Pest Control Technician (London and the South East area – but you will be expected to cover other London postcodes as and when required)
Due to continued growth, we are looking for a Trainee Pest Control Technician to join our successful team based in and around the London area.
No experience is necessary as full training will be provided, and you will gain a recognised industry qualification. There are countless opportunities to learn new skills and develop in your career, and we’ll provide the support you need to do just that. You will be joining a well-established, friendly company where you will get noticed.
Based on experience and merit £26,000.00 / year increasing upon successful qualification.
After training and qualifying as a pest control technician your job will be to get rid of pest infestations. You would identify, control and get rid of pests like rats or mice, and insects like wasps, ants or cockroaches. You may also deal with foxes and birds etc.
You’ll need excellent communication and customer service skills.
Being physically fit will help you to work in areas where pests may be found like cramped spaces or at heights.
Area of Work:
Mainly covering London postcodes and other areas as and when required
Work Activities (Monday to Friday):
You might treat infestations anywhere from people’s homes to restaurants, offices, factories etc. Your work would include:
- investigating and identifying pests
- collecting dead animals and other samples for disposal
- finding out how the pests are getting in and choosing the most suitable way of controlling the pest
- laying poison and traps or using weapons such as rifles to control birds and animals
- minor proofing works and advising people how to prevent further infestations
- completing reports and keeping records using mobile apps
- advising on additional services and products where appropriate
Working hours and conditions:
- 40 Hours as required including travelling time to 1st appointment, and from last appointment
- Opportunities to work overtime
- A valid driving licence is essential. If you do not have a valid driving licence then there are opportunities to join our foot team primarily based in London.
Training and development
You will receive induction, supervision, and full training. Your training may include courses and qualifications from the Royal Society for Public Health (RSPH), British Pest Control Association (BPCA), and product suppliers.
One of the main qualifications you can work towards is the RSPH/BPCA Level 2 Award in Pest
Management. This is an industry-recognised course.
You will engage in an ongoing training programme for continuing professional development
(CPD) and will register with the BPCA after you have passed your probation period.
Skills, interests, and qualities:
As a pest control technician, you will need:
- Excellent spoken and written English communication, and customer service skills
- Good ‘hands on’ practical skills for handling tools and equipment
- Be capable of operating basic digital devices e.g., mobile phones, tablets etc
- The ability to cope with unpleasant sights and smells
- Good health, Physical fitness, and good eyesight
- Confidence with basic maths, for measuring and calculating doses of pesticides
- Awareness of health and safety and the environment
- Have a full and valid UK drivers licence
Pay and Benefits
- Starting Salary: £26,000.00 / year
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) Benefit for staff and immediate family members
- Company Pension Plan
- Sales Commission opportunities
- Performance Bonus opportunities
- Overtime opportunities
- Fully Equipped company vehicle
- Company mobile phone
- On-going training programme
Shield Pest Control UK Ltd is an Equal Opportunities Employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or age.
Sound interesting? Apply below.